09 May 2011

Let the journey begin:

Alright, so perhaps this is a little bit preemptive, but I'm figuring that I won't be wasting much time on the computer tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll be out and around, taking pictures and saying more goodbyes.

Tomorrow I start the journey home with a shared cab ride with Kelsey to the airport. My first flight leaves at 4:50pm for Jo'berg, then later that day for London, where I'll arrive at 6am and then make my way over to my last flight to arrive in Chicago at 12:50pm. It's going to be a long couple days, but I'm well-stocked with chamomile tea and ibuprofen to keep me sleepy on the plane. :) I'm spending a couple days in Chicago, taking care of some business and meeting with some professors, and then I'll be taking the train home on Friday, when I'll finally get to see my family again - all of them, because my sister and her family moved to Michigan while I was gone - for the first time in 5 months.

Am I excited? Yes. Am I sad to leave? Yes.

Expect a highly reflective, nostalgic, concluding post when I get to the other side.

1 comment: