11 November 2011

Clothes on the line

I don't think I've hung quite so many clothes up to dry in some time. It makes me think of Botswana, and I thought I would put up a post. It's been a summer and almost a whole semester since I was there. Today I saw snow for the first time since the day I left for Botswana, when it started snowing as I got on the plane and didn't stop for two days. But of course, I wasn't there to see it. :)

America is very different from Botswana. Adjusting back to life at North Park has been interesting, and a journey all it's own. Everything from how I relate to people to the homework load to how I view myself. I've had a lot of learning to do, a lot of mental baggage to sort through, and plenty to think about. It hasn't been easy work, but it's been good work, and I'm doing much better. I realized some mistakes I made, in how I related myself to people - or rather, didn't relate my self to people. I've gotten up, dusted off, and am ready for the next thing.

What is the next thing? That remains to be seen. Graduation is fast approaching, a mere five weeks, intense testing and papers stand between me and the completion of my higher education. I can hardly wait! And after that? I'll be moving back home, spending some time with my family and enjoying the winter sports and the snow (cross country skiing!!!). But of course, that can't last forever, so what comes next?

Well... I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment